This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy for more info.
The whole of our lives are built up of small habits that we exhibit everyday, either consciously or unconsciously, which in turn become a bigger part of who we are. These habits can either make you or break you because you become what you repeatedly do. And those can be either positive habits or some that are not so great.
Having this in mind, you must constantly strive to cultivate positive habits that will enhance your mind, body and soul, in order to be a better version of yourself. Listen, you have to work on enhancing all three aspects (mind, body and soul) together in order to achieve a maximum result. Not one of them, nor just two of them. All three!
Below are 60 positive habits to nourish your mind, body and soul. Here I have sectioned them into 3 categories;
Positive habits for the mind, positive habits for the body and positive habits for the soul. Choose the ones that work for you and make the most out of them. Enjoy!
Psst – Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for all your self growth, personal development and relationship tips! It will only take a second of your time!
20 POSITIVE HABITS FOR THE MIND
Your mind is a very powerful place and you must be careful of what goes on in there. Here are some positive habits that you must cultivate to have a healthy and productive mind, which will in turn make your life a happy and successful one (because that’s really all we want, right?).
(1) Let go of negative thoughts, people and content: Embrace positive thoughts, surround yourself with positive people and follow positive content.
(2) Build your Self-Confidence: You must learn to be confident in yourself and your abilities, face your fears and believe in yourself.
(3) Open your mind to see the positive and bright side in everything and be optimistic: You must adopt the habit of dwelling on the positive aspects of things. Instead of lamenting about why something isn’t going to work, find solutions to make it work.
(4) Learn to let go of grudges and be quick to forgiveness: Keeping grudges can be very toxic for your mind, stay away from it. Rather learn to let go and forgive.
(5) Be grateful for the things you have and learn to constantly practice gratitude: Being grateful for what you have helps you to keep a positive mindset and reduces your worry.
(6) Don’t belittle your abilities or potential: Believe in yourself and your ability to do great things. If you really set your mind to it, you can achieve it.
(7) Learn to say NO to the things you don’t want to do: You are under no obligation to say Yes to everyone and everything because you definitely can’t please everyone. Learn to say no when you want to, and without excuses, you don’t need to explain yourself to anyone.
(9) When you make a mistake, admit that you did and work on doing better next time: You must also learn to forgive yourself and move on. Every human is prone to making mistakes, your attitude toward it is what makes all the difference.
(10) Meditate for at least 5-10 minutes everyday: It helps to calm your mind and makes you more productive.
(11) Put your time, body and mind into doing productive things to your life: Let go of any activity that isn’t productive. Stop procrastinating and wasting time on things that don’t move you forward in life.
(12) Write down and practice positive daily affirmations.
(13) Learn something new daily: It helps to refresh your mind, keep it alert and give you a new perspective on things.
(14) Learn to listen more and talk less: When you listen more than you talk, your mind works more efficiently.
(15) Read often: Reading helps you to learn new new things and in some cases, get lost in a whole new world.
(16) Discover your passion and chase it: You need to believe that your dreams are valid and work towards achieving them.
(17) Stop Procrastinating: When you procrastinate, it disorients you and messes up your plans. Remember, your life will stay the same if you don’t take action.
(18) Visualize your goals: Visualizing your goals helps to keep a fresh picture of what you are aiming for in your mind, and this urges you to work towards achieving it.
(19) If you are having any form of psychological problems, seek help from a professional as soon as possible.
(20) Be aware and mindful of things going on around you: Let go of my form of distraction and focus your mind on important things.
20 POSITIVE HABITS FOR THE BODY
Your body is a physical representation of who you are, therefore you must constantly make sure it is nourished. Below are positive habits that you must cultivate for your body in order to have a healthy body and in turn a productive life.
(1) Eat healthy food and stay away from junk as much as possible.
(2) Drink enough water and stay hydrated always. Take a glass of water when you wake up in the morning.
(3) Rest well and get adequate sleep. It helps your body function better.
(4) Work out and exercise your body often. Engaging in physical activities and exercises helps you keep fit and healthy.
(5) Quit smoking, doing drugs or taking excess alcohol. Yeah, I said it.
(6) Dress well, take your personal hygiene seriously and smell nice (and wash your legs too, they matter!).
(7) Visit your doctor if you sense anything unusual in your body and keep to your doctor’s appointments.
(8) Reduce your fat and sugar intake because these are harmful to your health.
(9) Plan your meals ahead of every week and stick to the plan: Planning your meals ahead will help you stay away from unhealthy food and help to save your money, because you won’t end up buying what you don’t need.
(10) Eat more vegetables and fruits: Vegetables and fruits constitute a very healthy diet to your food. They provide the vitamins and nutrients your body needs.
(11) Learn to wash your hands often: Germs are easily spread around through our hands and these germs further lead to illnesses. One way to prevent these germs from spreading around is by washing our hands with soap and clean water often.
(12) Don’t eat excessive food: Avoid heavy meals when it’s close to bedtime and don’t take any snacks after dinner.
(13) Don’t skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it helps to keep you active enough to take on the day’s tasks ahead.
(14) Maintain a good body posture: Maintaining a good body posture helps improve your flexibility and boosts your self-confidence.
(15) Take Supplements: Taking certain supplements helps to boost your immune system and gives your body the vitamins and nutrients that it needs.
(16) Sleep early and wake up early: Sleeping early helps your body to be well rested and also enables you to wake up early, which in turn makes you more productive.
(17) Take the stairs: Everyone is in a rush to get somewhere at some point or the other, but at times when you aren’t, ditch the lift and take the stairs. Your body will thank you for it.
(18) Reduce or eliminate your intake of caffeine: Drink green or herbal tea instead.
(19) Cut back on your intake of processed food: Eat natural and unprocessed food more.
(20) Don’t sit for too long, stand up on a regular basis: Sitting in a place for too long can increase your risk of developing chronic health problems like heart disease, diabetes etc. After sitting for a while, stand up, stretch your body and exercise your legs for a while.
20 POSITIVE HABITS FOR THE SOUL
If your soul is dead, then you can as well be described as a walking corpse. You need to constantly rejuvenate your soul and this can be done by nourishing it with positive habits.
Check out these positive habits you need to adopt in order to nourish your soul.
(1) Laugh out loud and smile often: Laughing is food for the soul and a smile will always brighten anyone’s day and face. Practice both often.
(2) Take a walk and breathe in some of nature’s fresh air: Taking a walk not only helps to exercise your body, it also helps you clear your mind and breathe in some fresh air into your lungs, which ultimately uplifts your soul.
(3) Travel and go sightseeing often: It helps you unwind and experience new things, learn new cultures and meet new people.
(4) Perform an act of kindness without expecting anything in return. This will definitely make you feel good and feed your soul.
(5) Show physical affection towards your loved ones; it could be a hug or a kiss. Just spend quality time with them and constantly let them know how much they mean to you.
(6) Give yourself nice treats once in a while: Get that new dress or pair of shoes that you have been admiring, get a big cup of ice cream or gift yourself a spa treatment.
(7) Stay away from gossip and unnecessary drama: If you have to cut off some people in order to achieve this, then by all means do it.
(8) Listen to music: Music helps to lift your soul and calm you down. Get a playlist of songs you like and play them when you can. Dance to them if you may!
(9) Love yourself regardless of what the situation may be: The truth is, you can’t love anyone else if you don’t love yourself, so you must learn to love and accept yourself.
(10) Stop comparing yourself or your achievements to others’: Understand that we are all wired differently and everyone goes at a different pace in life.
(11) Observe people but don’t judge them: There is a reason behind every action a person takes, listen to them first before jumping into conclusions. Remember, everyone is just trying to do the best they can.
(12) Celebrate your small wins and work on getting bigger ones: Recognizing your efforts and achievements no matter how little, helps to lift your soul and inspire you to do even greater things.
(13) Volunteer for a cause that you believe in and help out in anyway you can. Go help wash or feed the animals at your local shelter.
(14) Stay off social media and any form of gadget sometimes, take time to be with yourself and connect with your soul.
(15) Open your heart to love and be loved: We only live once, so what’s the harm in experiencing the feeling of loving and being loved?
(16) Have Fun: Remember how it felt being able to do different fun things as a kid? Sometimes we get so caught up in adulthood that we forget to take out time to do some fun things that we love.Try out new and different hobbies and just have fun with yourself doing something you actually like.
(17) Stay Organized: There is a feeling of fulfillment that comes with seeing your environment and space organized and neat. Learn to declutter your space and put things in the right places because this will save you the stress of having to search for things all the time.
(18) Always endeavor to put yourself first: This may sound selfish but the truth is, you must learn to think about yourself and meet your own needs before you think of others, if you want to be happy.
(19) Meet up with your friends from time to time, reminisce on old times and do fun things together.
(20) Don’t be quick to anger: If someone or something is trying to make you angry, take a deep breath and walk away from that scene. You could take a walk or engage in a physical exercise in order to clear your head and let off some steam.
In conclusion, it becomes very easy to adopt these new positive habits into your life the moment you believe that you can. Remember, don’t rush yourself through the process, it is not a competition.
Instead, take it one step at a time. You could decide to try out one new habit every week and once you constantly follow that pattern, these habits will become a part of you in no time.
Your mind, body and soul make up who you are as a person, this is all the more reason you should constantly nourish them with positive habits, especially if you want to live a happy, successful and fulfilling life.
Be intentional about your growth, give yourself good reasons why you must adopt these new habits and watch your life turn around for the better.
- How To Be A Happy Person: 12 Tips For A Happier You
- How To Feel Better About Yourself And Be Happier
- 30 Cheap Self Care Ideas For A Bad Day
- 10 Tips On How To Have An Abundance Mindset