This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy for more info.
Communication is a very important aspect of any relationship. In fact, it is one of the major things that keep a relationship going forward and smoothly. Asking a person certain questions about themselves is a very effective way to get to know them better and it goes a long way in bringing you closer to that person. Today we’ll be looking at 100 questions to ask a guy so that you can get to know him better.
Perhaps you are considering saying “Yes” to a guy’s proposal or you are considering taking things a step further in your relationship (wink wink). Or maybe you just want to have a better and deeper knowledge of who your man is. If so, then you definitely need to try asking these 100 questions so you can grow closer together.
It is important that you have adequate knowledge of the guy you want to consider dating, the guy you are already dating or the guy you plan to spend the rest of your life with. This will help you handle the relationship better than you used to and will ensure you have a healthy relationship.
Also, these questions will help you to avoid awkward silences during conversations when you are on a date or just having a general conversation. Asking them will particularly help you to connect deeper and share a strong bond with the guy in question, which is one of the important aspects of a relationship. This would ultimately result in the both of you getting closer and more fond of each other.
Psst – Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for all your self growth, personal development and relationship tips! It will only take a second of your time!
Questions To Ask A Guy
By asking these questions, you are killing two birds with one stone because you are getting to know the guy more and still getting him to be much closer to you in the long run.
However, make sure that the guy is in the right mood to talk and open up to you before you start asking anything. It wouldn’t be wise to bring up something like this when he is angry (or hungry, ha!). Actually, it is very important to ensure that you are both in the right mood for the conversation before you delve into it. Not being in the right mood would ruin the whole essence of the conversation because he might just give you one word answers or easily lose interest.
If you truly want to truly grow closer to a guy, below are 100 questions to ask a guy that will build a strong emotional bond. Check them out and put them to good use!
The 100 Questions To Ask Him
1. What is your most memorable childhood experience?
2. What is that one thing that makes you happy and keeps you going regardless of what the situation may be?
3. How would you define yourself in three words?
4. What is the first thing you notice in the opposite sex that gets you attracted to her?
5. What is that one thing you have done that makes you always proud of yourself?
6. What is the stupidest and most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
7. What do you like most about your physical features?
8. What would your ideal first date be like?
9. What would you never be caught doing?
10. What do you regret ever doing the most?
11. What is your definition of love?
12. How would you describe your first kiss?
13. How do you handle being angry?
14. Would you rather take the lead in a group or follow someone else’s lead?
15. What trait would you like to change about yourself and why?
16. What do you enjoy doing the most?
17. Between movies and books, which do you prefer the most?
18. What is your greatest regret in life and what would you do to change it if you could?
19. Have you ever been in love and how would you describe the experience?
20. What do you like most about me?
21. What’s your point of view on marriage?
22. What’s your point of view on family planning?
23. Would you describe yourself as an introvert or an extrovert?
24. Have you ever experienced a heartbreak and how did you handle it?
25. What’s your point of view on cheating?
26. Would you describe yourself as a jealous lover?
27. Would you like to have kids? If yes, how many kids would you like to have?
28. Would you forgive a cheating partner and take her back into your life ?
29. What are you most scared of in life?
30. Do you have a favorite pet?
31. Would you consider yourself to be financially literate?
32. What is your definition of romance?
33. Would you describe yourself as a romantic person?
34. What’s your take on giving or offering financial help to a person?
35. What was your most remarkable birthday experience?
36. Do you uphold culture and traditions in high esteem?
37. Do you enjoy doing your current job?
38. Do you enjoy going on vacations?
39. Where do you hope to see yourself in the next five years?
40. How often do you cry?
41. What’s the most absurd and unbelievable experience you have ever had?
42. What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
43. If you could be granted three wishes right now, what would they be?
44. Would you rather stay in to have fun or go out?
45. Can you marry someone who is physically challenged?
46. Would you want the family you would have in the future to be like the one you grew up in?
47. Who do you love the most in the world?
48. What was your craziest relationship experience?
49. Would you consider yourself a religious person?
50. If you were asked to choose between money and happiness, which would you go for?
51. What fictional character or celebrity would you like to marry if you were given the chance to and why?
52. Do people have a misconception about you and what is it?
53. Can you maintain a long distance relationship?
54. What led to the end of your past relationships?
55. How would you describe me to another person?
56. How often do you think couples should go out?
57. What do you daydream about the most?
58. Have you ever cheated in a past relationship?
59. Would you describe yourself as someone who procrastinates?
60. What’s the most romantic thing you have ever done for a lady?
61. What is the most beautiful compliment you have ever received from anyone?
62. If you knew you were dying tomorrow, what are the three things you would do today?
63. Who has impacted you the most in life?
64. Do you like to dance?
65. Who was your first crush?
66. What are your religious views?
67. What superpower would you like to have and why?
68. What is your best book or movie of all time?
69. What is the most prized item that you own?
70. If you could give advice to your younger self, what would it be?
71. What is the saddest thing that has ever happened to you?
72. Is there something or someone you cannot live without?
73. What is the worst lie you have ever told anyone?
74. Between the city life and life in the suburbs, which do you prefer?
75. What is that one thing you can’t do very well but you wish you could?
76. Do you dislike anything about being in a relationship?
77. If you were given 1 million dollars to spend on any three things of your choice within 1 day, what would those 3 things be?
78. What is that one book or movie you would read or watch over and over again?
79. What is that one thing you are most thankful for in life?
80. Would you rather spend time with other people to lighten up your mood or be alone?
81. Do you believe that everyone has a soul mate?
82. How many girls have you dated so far?
83. What would you say is your biggest motivation in your life?
84. What’s your ideal spec in a lady?
85. Is there anything you have done in the past that still haunts you and you can’t forgive yourself for?
86. Is there anyone in this world you can die for? If yes, who?
87. What would a person whom you truly love do to you that would make you hate or dislike them?
88. Do you find it easy to apologize to a person?
89. Who amongst your friends do you love the most and why?
90. What would you describe your ideal future to be like?
91. Have you ever had an experience that made you scared to death and what was it?
92. Would you allow the lady to pay the bills on the first date?
93. Would you consider yourself to be a competitive person?
94. What would you consider to be your weakest spot?
95. If you were to be the girl dating yourself, what are the things you would do in the relationship on a daily basis?
96. What was your growing up experience like?
97. How do you handle losing a loved one?
98. What helps to calm your nerves down after having a bad day?
99. Would you consider yourself to be a good cook?
100. What kind of pets do you like if any?
The Next Step
Now that you have identified these questions, the next step is to actually ask the guy these questions and genuinely listen to his answers. Everyone likes to talk about themselves and like it even better when a person takes genuine interest in them and wants to know about them.
While asking him these questions, you could chip in some opinions or things about yourself too, so that the conversation doesn’t become like an interview session (he probably wouldn’t like that). By identifying these questions to ask a guy and getting answers to them, you are helping yourself to gain an insight into who he really is and the kind of woman he would like to be with.
Also, for a guy to willingly share answers to these questions with you, he must trust you and like you to an extent. Ultimately, you both would have built a form of bonding in the process and this would lead to the both of you getting much closer to each other.
In the event a particular answer he gives to your questions doesn’t sit well with you or is making you rethink or have a different opinion about the kind of person you thought he was, you should calmly let him know. You both can talk about it and come to an understanding.
The 100 questions highlighted above are important but are not limited to just that. There is an endless list of questions to ask a guy that would help you know more about him and get closer to him.
Search your heart and think of other questions that you are genuinely interested in asking him and you know would bring the both of you closer.
Asides asking a guy these questions which show that you are genuinely interested in him, there are other ways you could get him to be much closer to you, some of which include:
1. Finding a common ground with him and sharing some of his interests: By doing this, he knows that you are really interested in him.
2. Doing things you both enjoy together: This helps to create a greater bond between you two.
3. Getting to know the important people in his life: You can find out more about a person by being around the people they love. Once he sees that you are getting acquainted with people he loves, he would definitely grow much closer to you.
4. Talking regularly and not making the conversation about yourself only: When you regularly keep in touch with a person, you become a part of their life. Your conversations should revolve around the both of you not just one person.
5. Lastly, teasing each other playfully and sharing jokes. Have some fun together!
You might also like to read about:
- 11 Little Ways To Reconnect With Your Husband
- 14 Signs Of A Healthy Relationship
- How To Bring Back The Love In Your Relationship